Let’s ADHD the f*ck out of this list.
Getting ready in the morning for work or on a Saturday after soccer games or even on a work from home Monday when you haven’t showered in 4 days is such a pain in the ass. Once I’m in the shower I love it but besides that, I find taking a shower is a waster of time.
Actually, if I think about it…. If I didn’t have to go to the bathroom, I totally wouldn’t.
Ever wonder how the Cone Heads go to the bathroom? I mean they have no butt.
Or being a vampire would be cool. They don’t even sweat.
But I’m not a vampire so I need to make this shit easy. I’m pretty high functioning and even I have a hard time getting myself out the door without looking like a hobo.
These are the top 5 things that I like for us ADHDers to not be the stinky kid at school…. Or work.
I finally realized that I stopped washing my face because I HATE when the water I have just splashed on my face is now running down my arms into the crease of my elbow and making my shirt wet.
Can you see it in your mind’s eye? That water droplet that runs from your fingers slowly down your wrist to the back of your arm? Just typing this is giving me the heeby jeebies. So I have found that wipes/makeup remover are the best.
- They smell good
- The sometimes exfoliate
- I can keep them next to my bed so if I forget to do it in the bathroom I don’t have to get up again to take care of it. (Sorry blue eyes for all the crinkling noises)
I have a lot of hair. If I want it to look decent when I leave the house I need a lot of time. If you follow me on Instagram you will most likely know my hair journey so I won’t go into it right now (or you can go here). But I will say that Dry Shampoo has been a life saver. Here’s how..
- I don’t have an excuse to NOT work out! Who wants to get all sweaty when you’ve spent all that precious time doing your hair? Not anymore cause… Dry Shampoo
- Shit! I have a meeting with Moo’s school psychologist and I cannot go to school looking like this…. Dry shampoo
- Last minute dinner date with Blue Eyes… Dry Shampoo
- Forgot to make Moo take a shower last night (which is gross cause she’s 11)…. DRY SHAMPOO
- If duct tape wasn’t already considered “The Force”, Dry Shampoo would take it’s place.
Pro Tip: use dry shampoo at night before bed. It soaks up the oil over night and requires less getting ready time
Pro Tip #2: There are a lot of good dry shampoo’s out there, but mine’s better. Find me on Instagram and ask me all about it. @happyhypershiny
A full face of makeup everyday isn’t realistic. But lip gloss and mascara can make such a huge difference in your appearance and how you feel about yourself.
I love Clinique High Impact Mascara. I feel like it makes my lashes look huge and I don’t look like a raccoon at the end of the day even if I’ve been rubbing my eyes. Every once in a while i stray and get all excited about a new brand. I’m usually disappointed and I come running back.
And I’m a huge lip picker so any ole lip gloss will just not do. I need something that can nourish but isn’t too thin and not too sticky. I love anything from Rosebud Perfume Co.
Best part is Mascara and lip gloss take 5 seconds to put on. However, you may want to keep some q-tips handy when you get the mascara all over you face. Not that I do that or anything…..
Anyone else hate sitting getting your nails done and not be able to play on your phone? I’m bored out of my mind. Even getting a pedicure sometimes is too much for me. I am in love with nail wraps. Especially the ones from Brave New Beauty. I mean, can these get any cuter? And she has like 30 new designs coming out shortly.
And this is why I love nail wraps (Brave New Beauty in particular).
- They are non-toxic so no weird chemicals going into my body.
- They are a fun challenge for me to put on and I can do it while watching TV. It’s really not that hard once you get the hang of it.
- The designs are so much cuter than anything I can get at a nail salon.
- Even when they start to chip they don’t look awful because some of the designs are so busy you can’t even notice the chips.
- They are super fun and satisfying to peel off when you are ready. I don’t like how nail polish remover makes my finger tips feel and gel polish really does a number on my nails.
- They are super affordable. I just recently got 10 sets for $40. 10 wraps for the same price as one gel manicure.
- There are enough wraps that I can share with the girls. Their nails are really small so I have to do some cutting but we still have so much fun doing them
This one is here cause it’s really important but mostly because I needed a 5th and didn’t really have one.
Regardless, drink your freaking water. Seriously, do it. Especially those of us that take stimulant medication (or any medication for that matter). We get so dehydrated and then get headaches and then get annoyed with ourselves for not taking care and then we take it out on our family. That’s not cool. One of the things that has helped me recently is adding Amped Hydrate from Isagenix. It reminds me of bug juice from summer camp and helps me get some potassium in my body which I find very hard to do. I may have to cut back because I’m trying to get rid of all sugar in my diet and there are still natural sugars in this but it’s really a great way to get gross, boring water into my system.
So there you have it. 5 really easy ways to help you not feel like a swamp monster.
What tips and tricks do you have for not looking like a swamp monster?
What’s distracting me:
Enneagram. I’m trying to figure out what my type is. I can’t tell if some types resonate with me or if my ADHD symptoms have made me have certain characteristics. And why is this so prevalent in religion, especially Christianity? Is it just the way the fad started? The 4 main people that I’ve been hearing about this from are all very spiritual. One is a minister, the other married to a minister, and the other two constantly hint at their spirituality and their involvement in their church. I am so not religious, and I seem to be surrounded by people who are. Maybe the Universe is trying to tell me something?
These are the books that I’ve been reading about the Enneagram. There are so many. Pick your poison.
What’s distracting you?